How many days were your property vacant before rented out?

How many days were your property vacant before rented out?

Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 3 votes

I recently just got my first investment property in the Independence, MO. It has been around 2 weeks on the market for rent.

I am wondering on average how many days your property were vacant before rented out?

Thanks,

1Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Laura MarksBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Independence, MO · Member since 2020 · 127 posts · 111 votes
    4y

    Hello, 

    Did you get this rented? Average time on the market depends greatly on the season, condition, price and location of your property. Typically, winter months are the longest and your lease should reflect that. All of the leases that I am signing now will expire in spring/summer of 2023. I rent a home in about a week, currently. In the summer, I will rent properties without them even going live for showings. 
    What does your home look like? A, B, or C property? Does it appear clean, fresh and inviting or something else. Kitchens sell the house, in my opinion. Does the condition reflect the price of the home? Are you getting lots of views but not applications? No showings or interest at all? That tells you a lot. Knowing how to interpret all of the above, can let you know what you need to do to get it rented. 

  • Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Laura Marks:

    Hello, 

    Did you get this rented? Average time on the market depends greatly on the season, condition, price and location of your property. Typically, winter months are the longest and your lease should reflect that. All of the leases that I am signing now will expire in spring/summer of 2023. I rent a home in about a week, currently. In the summer, I will rent properties without them even going live for showings. 
    What does your home look like? A, B, or C property? Does it appear clean, fresh and inviting or something else. Kitchens sell the house, in my opinion. Does the condition reflect the price of the home? Are you getting lots of views but not applications? No showings or interest at all? That tells you a lot. Knowing how to interpret all of the above, can let you know what you need to do to get it rented. 


     Hi Laura,

    Thanks for your response. I finally got it rented out on March 1st and it took around ~1.5 months :(

  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 716 posts · 313 votes
    4y

    I just rented a house in OP in few days ,location is huge .

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.