new investor in Topeka, KS looking for networking and answers

34 Replies | Topeka, Kansas

Hello Shane. Let me know when you're available to have a chat. Yes numbers here are different than Wichita for sure so let me know if anything I can do on this end.

Lee

@Jonathan Brobst

Will shoot you a PM - I'm about 1st base in this deal and creeping past that point next week.  All my feedback to date is good so it's just putting puzzle pieces together at this point unless something kills the deal.

I know my best bet at securing lending on a primary residence is while I'm still employed

I've toyed w/ the idea of investing in Topeka. I grew up in western KS, lived in Manhattan about 10 years, and now in KC for almost 10 years. 

Although I've passed through Topeka a ton in my life, I can't claim to be the most familiar w/ the city over all. 

In order for me to seriously consider taking a look there, I would absolutely need a rock solid manager (I manage my own in KC). And if any of you are willing to contribute, I'd like to know any areas that I should avoid.

Anyone willing to share some knowledge? I'd certainly appreciate any advice given.

Thanks

I am fairly new to Topeka, Kansas and have no idea where to start. Yes, I am reading the related links, however it's experience that I learn best from. I would like to find out if there are any networking groups meeting here in Topeka, that would be a big help in deciding what's the next step for me. I would love to be able to work with someone until I can be knowledgeable enough to be able to confidently work on my own.

Have any meet up groups taken off? I'd be interested in networking and learning. Getting into REI, but I'm in the research, formulating phase and I'm looking for all the info I can get.

Topeka area investors, there is a meet-up providing a great networking opportunity with fellow investors, lenders and contractors.

Tuesday March 6, 2018 @ 7pm
830 N Kansas Avenue, Topeka.

Please follow the link below for more details.

https://www.meetup.com/Lawrence-Real-Estate-Investing-Meetup/events/247752673/