• Merritt Island FL
Votes |
New Orleans Newbie - Zip Codes?

Brendan Sullivan
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Merritt Island FL
Posted Oct 16 2018, 08:15

Hi Folks,

My wife and I have lived in NOLA (Uptown) for the last year and will be diving full time in to local real estate investmenting in January. I'm both new to real estate and New Orleans so we've got a lot to learn but I'm excited to be transitioning from analysis to action and jump right in. Before we start dumping a bunch of money into marketing I wanted to get some opinions on zip codes and / or areas more expierenced local investors prefer. I like investing in the city because we currently live there and it seems like there alot of great opportunities, but as a newer NOLA local I would hate to end up buying a property I can't wholesale or rent because it's not in the right area. Flood zones & higher crime areas tend to be some of my concerns with investing in the city. I am also looking at the Metarie / Kenner area as a possibility to elimate some of those concerns, but don't want to make a mistake of missing alot of good opportunities. Would love to hear your thoughts on where I could get the most ROI for my marketing dollars and what zip codes you prefer to invest in (in or out of the city.) Thank you!

FYI I will be attending the NOLA REIA meeting on 10/18 and would love to meet you & chat more if you'll be there.

Loading replies...