• Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Baltimore BP Community Newbie

Thomas Yolain
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jul 17 2019, 13:36

Hello Baltimore BP Community,
My name is Thomas, currently residing in the Baltimore County area. Over the last couple of months I have been doing a lot of research about REI by reading books and blogs, attending webinars and listening to a lot podcasts. Coming from an investment management/banking background, I'm pretty new to real estate investing world as I've only been learning for a couple of months.

The boss (My wife) and I goal is to buy our first rental property specifically house hacking beginning of 2020 and eventually move towards turnkey. We have substantial amount of cash saved up and plan on continue saving. Our market target for now is Baltimore and southwestern & southeast for future turnkey. Any advice and suggestions are welcome. If anyone is open and in the DMV area, I'd love to connect and grab a coffee (my treat).

User Stats

Votes
Ali Boone
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Replied Jul 17 2019, 23:37

Hey Thomas, I'll be in Baltimore in the next couple months touring around an operation that does BRRRR+turnkey. So you get the benefits of both with their properties. Even if you aren't ready for a turnkey right off, if you're in Baltimore anyway you could hop along the tour! There will be a group of us. Good learning experience, if nothing else.

User Stats

Votes
Habbak Burs
  • Riverside, CA
Votes |
  • Riverside, CA
Replied Jul 18 2019, 00:00

@Ali Boone

Hey I have seen a couple of your posts and I noticed your profile is in CA. I want to get into multi family and I am interested in Brrrr and then rent out.

Do you wholesale or offer properties with these descriptions?

Thanks

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Yolain
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Jul 18 2019, 10:14
Originally posted by @Ali Boone:

Hey Thomas, I'll be in Baltimore in the next couple months touring around an operation that does BRRRR+turnkey. So you get the benefits of both with their properties. Even if you aren't ready for a turnkey right off, if you're in Baltimore anyway you could hop along the tour! There will be a group of us. Good learning experience, if nothing else.

Hi @Ali Boone thanks for the reply. I would love to come hop along. Do you have the specific date and time?

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Jul 18 2019, 11:15
Originally posted by @Thomas Yolain:

Hello Baltimore BP Community,
My name is Thomas, currently residing in the Baltimore County area. Over the last couple of months I have been doing a lot of research about REI by reading books and blogs, attending webinars and listening to a lot podcasts. Coming from an investment management/banking background, I'm pretty new to real estate investing world as I've only been learning for a couple of months.

The boss (My wife) and I goal is to buy our first rental property specifically house hacking beginning of 2020 and eventually move towards turnkey. We have substantial amount of cash saved up and plan on continue saving. Our market target for now is Baltimore and southwestern & southeast for future turnkey. Any advice and suggestions are welcome. If anyone is open and in the DMV area, I'd love to connect and grab a coffee (my treat).

Welcome to the site Thomas.

User Stats

Votes
Ali Boone
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Replied Jul 19 2019, 00:12
Originally posted by @Habbak Burs:

@Ali Boone

Hey I have seen a couple of your posts and I noticed your profile is in CA. I want to get into multi family and I am interested in Brrrr and then rent out.

Do you wholesale or offer properties with these descriptions? 

Thanks

Shoot me a direct message or email me at my address in my signature. Can give more info there.

User Stats

Votes
Ali Boone
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Replied Jul 19 2019, 00:12
Originally posted by @Thomas Yolain:

Hi @Ali Boone thanks for the reply. I would love to come hop along. Do you have the specific date and time?

Yeah, shoot me a direct message or email at the address in my signature. Can give more info there. Remind me in the email you're the one that lives in Baltimore :)

User Stats

Votes
Courtney Rollins
  • Wholesaler
  • Durham, NC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Durham, NC
Replied Jul 19 2019, 02:58

Hey Thomas, great to see you up here. I'm new to REI as of January 2019 as well. Buy and hold investor in Baltimore City. I am closing on my first property Monday, June 22 that I plan to BRRRR (buy, rehab, rent, refi, & repeat). I see you are looking for turnkey properties. If you would ever want to talk strategy with another newbie hit me up and we can have lunch or coffee.

User Stats

Votes
Joe Norman
  • Investor, Realtor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Investor, Realtor
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Jul 19 2019, 04:48

Welcome to BP and to the Baltimore REI Community! Get out and network at meetups, you'll find a lot of great people willing to help you out (and a few sharks too - beware of them!). Hope to meet you soon!

User Stats

Votes
Larry Smith
  • Charlottesville, VA
Votes |
  • Charlottesville, VA
Replied Jul 19 2019, 15:55

@Ali Boone....Ali not sure if your tour has completed yet or if you will have another, but my wife and I would love the experience plus networking. Let me know if all are up for it or lunch whenever your in town.

User Stats

Votes
Ali Boone
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Venice Beach, CA
Replied Jul 22 2019, 12:54
Originally posted by @Larry Smith:

@Ali Boone....Ali not sure if your tour has completed yet or if you will have another, but my wife and I would love the experience plus networking. Let me know if all are up for it or lunch whenever your in town.

Cool! It's actually going to be in September. Shoot me an email at the address in my signature and I can send info there.