Votes
Marquita Smith
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Tax Lien Sale time in FL

Marquita Smith
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Apr 14 2014, 16:08

I am studying the tax lien certificate sales in Tampa Bay, FL. It is a long term investment strategy which I am interested in. Mainly because there is a minimal amount to invest with at this time but I the little I do have is only earning $.05 per month in a traditional savings account (it really hurts). So researching and talking to investors of tax lien certificates, it is low risk and more often than not, rewarding.

There have been several conversations about it here but I do know some of what I've read is incorrect. In this county in FL, once the redemption period has expired on a cert, you will receive a letter from the county to advise that you may apply for the deed. If you are the cert owner and you apply for the deed, paying all fees, back taxes for processing the foreclosure, the property belongs to you. So the investment comes down to paying to process the deed application if the cert is not redeemed. FL also has deed auctions.

Anyone in FL have more insight or advice? Online cert auction is in 6 weeks and I have an option to purchase certs from another party who has done all of the leg work. Want to get my feet wet and doing all I can to have a positive experience. Open to any suggestions and feedback.

Loading replies...