• Ellenwood, GA
Votes |
Calling ALL note investor Pros

Kenisha Forbes
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Ellenwood, GA
Posted Jun 30 2016, 23:35

Okay so the great thing about Real Estate Investing is that there are so many avenues about to make money. The bad thing about Real Estate Investing is that there are so many ways to make money. For the sticklers out there, I know that note buying is not real estate it deals with the financing.  

I want to learn about purchasing performing and non performing notes. I'm not sure which one I want to get into first. Right now I just need to learn the business. From what I've read so far, there seems to be at least 3 parts to the business.

1. Learning about how investing in notes work, the business itself.

2. Learning about the servicing laws and regulations (CFPB rules and other regulations).

3. Learning about where to purchase notes. Should I go directly to the bank or through one of the broker sites like FCIExchange (I think that's the name).

At this point, I have read quite a few blogs on Biggerpockets, visited a couple of websites etc. What I am looking for is suggestions on a couple of books to accomplish point number 1, Free training (first) and then I will graduate to paid seminars/workshops. 

For anyone who is experienced, how much money does one need to invest in notes? The answer to this question may tell me that this is not an area I should focus on right now.

I'm looking into note buying as a passive income stream. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. 

Loading replies...