Tax exemption question...

2 Replies

I'm just starting out flipping houses in long island. First house I flipped was under my name and now goal is to get everything formalized and really stream line my business.

Just formed a new LLC and I'm looking to either purchase a new car or lease a new car. This car would be used for my 9 to 5 job and to run around looking at houses and purposes of my business

Question is what is best strategy.. should I buy or lease..  what are my exemptions in either case ? thank you.

I'd like to know these answers as well. My thoughts would be that on a lease you just write off the percent of business use. So if you use your car 90% for business and 10% for personal, you just write off 90% of your lease payments. On a purchase I know if it meets certain requirements you can write off of big chunk of the initial purchase in the first year that you buy a car for business purposes (it needs to meet a certain size/weight). In addition you can deduct .55 cents per mile (or whatever the current value is set at for 2018). 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here