Skip to content
Tax Liens & Mortgage Notes
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Long Island, NY
Votes |
How to learn about Non-Performing Notes and buy my first one?

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Long Island, NY
Posted Jan 26 2018, 09:48

Hi all,

I have followed Bigger Pockets for a few years now, starting out with my first SFR rental in 2014 (5 hours drive from my location, which is VERY expensive to invest in) then moving on to some Multifamily properties, then managing them all by myself (again - 5 hours away), then learning to apply the BRRR strategy (which is Genius by itself! - Thanks Brandon..:)) .. So after a few years of being a hands on investor and property manager, I got tired of low income tenant damages (in some of the properties) , and losses, not to talk about the headaches, and have decided to screen through my properties and sell the ones that are taking too much of my time and attention (forgot to mention that I am also a mother to 3 school age kids..), while keeping the best operating ones.

I have been listening to podcasts about Note investing and enjoyed the financing aspect of the deals I have done before, and I feel it should be my next step, as I have learned to deal with the RE investment risks and losses, but not sure where to start.. I have read the "Note investing made easier" book by Martin Saenz, which is Awesome! but for the next step, I'm not looking for expensive seminars.. Any other recommendations on books, or resources that can help me buy my first note?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback,

Thanks!

Loading replies...