3 Reasons Note Investors Succeed

13 Replies

3 Reasons Note Investors succeed:

1) They invest in their education and training on an ONGOING basis

2) They do massive outreach to peers and sellers on an ONGOING basis

3) They put systems in place so they buy right and create the desired cashflow from their buys

Can anyone contribute to this list?

@Martin Saenz I'm sure there are good Note Investors and bad Note Investors same as good and bad realtors.

Maybe title  your post   "Traits of good Note Investors."

I'm sure not all Note Investors succeed because they aren't doing the things on your list.

@Martin Saenz

1. They have resources at their fingertips to work with all sides: the buyer, the seller, the funding. 

2.  Follow up for rehab, flipping or renting to pay off the notes up to 6 months until sold. 

3. Top note performers will have creativity for the investment. 

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability
Originally posted by @Josh Carr :

@Martin Saenz

1. They have resources at their fingertips to work with all sides: the buyer, the seller, the funding. 

2.  Follow up for rehab, flipping or renting to pay off the notes up to 6 months until sold. 

3. Top note performers will have creativity for the investment. 

Very nicely put, Josh.  Thanks for the feedback.  You hit it well.

Originally posted by @Chris Seveney :

Martin Saenz
- not afraid of failure
- they pick up a telephone and call people
- understand their value and pay for things to free up time to focus on more important tasks
- never stop learning.

That is so funny, Chris.  I love your thought on picking up the phone.  That does so many folks in:)

They realize the value in outsourcing.  You can't do everything yourself.  They also don't let their lack of personal capital stop them from buying assets.  If OPM is good enough for Warren Buffet, its good enough for you!

Succesful investors are coachable.  They are open to the flexibility of the deal instead of trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole of an exit strategy.  More money is made in modifying and performing notes vs using notes to expand their fix and flip business.  

This kind of piggy-backs on your #2 Martin, but I would say the biggest thing is just showing up day after day and doing the work. A lot of people know what they need to do and have the skills but don't actually follow through on it.

Originally posted by @Dan Deppen :

This kind of piggy-backs on your #2 Martin, but I would say the biggest thing is just showing up day after day and doing the work. A lot of people know what they need to do and have the skills but don't actually follow through on it.

Well put.  Having the academics in place is not enough.  You need to learn the 'do.'

#1 for me is to convert failure into a learning tool while I celebrate my wins along the way. 

#2 Stay focused and remember you are in control.  

#3 Remember that this is their only shelter and they paid their life savings to get it.

#4 Be nice.

Originally posted by @Frank Buono :

#1 for me is to convert failure into a learning tool while I celebrate my wins along the way. 

#2 Stay focused and remember you are in control.  

#3 Remember that this is their only shelter and they paid their life savings to get it.

#4 Be nice.

Hey Frank...good to hear from you.  Wow, the road we have gone on in FL;).

Be nice hits well.  It's critical to be respectful with everyone around you in the note space.  Your points show you are grounded well.  Until we see each other again my friend.

Originally posted by @Martin Saenz :

3 Reasons Note Investors succeed:

1) They invest in their education and training on an ONGOING basis

2) They do massive outreach to peers and sellers on an ONGOING basis

3) They put systems in place so they buy right and create the desired cashflow from their buys

Can anyone contribute to this list?

I'll reiterate the opposite of what I replied to why note investors fail:

1.  They are experts at determining the true value of the underlying asset.

2.  They are very thorough at carrying out their due diligence at the purchase stage.

3.  They have the necessary systems in place to handle the numerous obstacles thrown at them through the life-cycle of the note.  

A successful note investor looks at all options and is able to get creative to turn “bad” notes into life long passive income.  

A successful note investor has a focused approach and narrows its market to a handful of states especially when starting in the business.  

A successful note investor is tenacious and does not let any problem or hurdle  get in the way.  

A successful note investor is resourceful and takes the time to get educated...continuously!

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.
Originally posted by @Randy Rodenhouse :

A successful note investor looks at all options and is able to get creative to turn “bad” notes into life long passive income.  

A successful note investor has a focused approach and narrows its market to a handful of states especially when starting in the business.  

A successful note investor is tenacious and does not let any problem or hurdle  get in the way.  

A successful note investor is resourceful and takes the time to get educated...continuously!

Well put.  Thanks for the insight, Randy