Tax delinquent property, but owner is deceased

6 Replies

Hello! I’m currently interested in a property that is delinquent on taxes $722. I believe that’s a year or two behind. Tax collector office confirmed its delinquent, but not in the tax sale yet and that I should contact owner for outright sale ( not knowing they’re deceased). Should I contact next of kin? Children? Probate? Quit claim deed?What would be the best way (investors perspective) to go about in attempt to redeem?/gain ownership? 

Thanks

Contact heirs. See if it's in probate, see if there is a will. Try and buy from who would inherit property.

You should consult an attorney if your goal is to end up with a clean title.

I personally would get the rightful family member to Quit Claim it over to me and rent it forever.

Originally posted by @John Underwood :

Contact heirs. See if it's in probate, see if there is a will. Try and buy from who would inherit property.

You should consult an attorney if your goal is to end up with a clean title.

I personally would get the rightful family member to Quit Claim it over to me and rent it forever.

Yes, I was thinking to contact family members since I may know them and they’re local. I’d definitely be interested in doing or see if they’re interested in doing a claim deed. I need to contact probate as well. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here