Filing Small Claims-Which address to put?

2 Replies

I'm hoping this is pretty easy. When eFiling a summons, it asks me to put my address, and I don't want to put my actual address for the old tenant to see for safety concerns. Should I be listing my rental unit address? So under "Statement of Claims and Summons" I'd rather not have my full home address so they can't drive by and do damage.

On court forms, addresses are mostly used for mailing court documents and for serving process. Do you have an office or PO box that you utilize? This will also be the address that is given to the defendant / respondent to mail you checks. 

I am not an expert in your area, but in Maryland there isn't a need to put your personal address on the paperwork unless you have to describe the real property specifically. Good Luck! 

@Kelly Conrad you missy use a physical address that you can be served at.  No PO Box and not the rental property.  It can be an office address.   

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here