Investing in the Minneapolis Market

Investing in the Minneapolis Market

Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 6 votes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chad and I am a professional boxing promoter, which brought me to Minneapolis recently for a boxing show. While there, I really enjoyed my overall experience in the city and surrounding area. I liked it so much that I have become very interested pursuing real estate investments there as well as having more boxing shows in Minneapolis.

I have a lot of experience with (fix and flip, single and multi-family rentals) real estate in my home town of Washington, DC, but would like to pursue a few single family homes to hold as rentals for now, and eventually expand my scope of investments as I become more familiar with the market.

Any advice, turnkey opportunities to look at or agent referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chad N. Clinton
Founder
CNC Entertainment LLC

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 138 posts · 87 votes
8y

@Chad Clinton for an agent for investment properties, @Jordan Moorhead comes highly recommended from many in the MSP market. 

@Tim Swierczek is a standout option for a lender

IMHO some areas are already to hot or exploded, like NE Minneapolis, Uptown, South of 94 in Saint Paul. There's still a great bunch of small cities neighboring the TC's that are highly desirable. Most in TC investors focus on cashflow versus appreciation, unless some macroeconomics happen, appreciation will take years, (Most the time, always exceptions) you'll find most deals cashflow, when I open the MLS and run numbers most properties cashflow and have a good neighborhood.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 138 posts · 87 votes
    8y

    @Chad Clinton for an agent for investment properties, @Jordan Moorhead comes highly recommended from many in the MSP market. 

    @Tim Swierczek is a standout option for a lender

    IMHO some areas are already to hot or exploded, like NE Minneapolis, Uptown, South of 94 in Saint Paul. There's still a great bunch of small cities neighboring the TC's that are highly desirable. Most in TC investors focus on cashflow versus appreciation, unless some macroeconomics happen, appreciation will take years, (Most the time, always exceptions) you'll find most deals cashflow, when I open the MLS and run numbers most properties cashflow and have a good neighborhood.

  • Tim SwierczekPro Member
    Lender · White Bear Township, MN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Chad Clinton I highly recommend you reach out to @Amber Gonion to discuss options.  Amber has an incredible amount of experience in all aspects of managing properties and her husband Rick is excellent at finding value-add properties that others miss.  Knowing what I know I can't recommend them enough, they are perfect for your situation.

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    @Chad Clinton glad you liked MSP! It's a great place.

    I'm always open for a call if you want to shoot me a message.

    Thanks for the shout out @Adam Widder

  • Real Estate Broker · Hugo, MN · Member since 2016 · 688 posts · 596 votes
    8y

    @Tim Swierczek  Thank you for the recommendation.  @Chad Clinton we are open to speak with you via phone or skype.  We are investors ourselves, my husband takes care of the purchase side and I take care of the management (or assist in self-management for those who choose to manage  themselves) side for our investors.   

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Adam Widder thank you for the referral and market background. @Jordan Moorhead, I'll definitely be in touch with you.

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Amber Gonion great to touch base with you. We should definitely chat as I plan to maintain my residence in Washington, DC, so property management will be important.

    @Tim Swierczek Thank you so much for the referral and I'll certainly connect with you to discuss any loan needs.

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 221 votes
    8y

    Tim is great. Gotta love when your loan guy is an investor as well. 

    Lee

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Lee Fahy thank you for the referral. I will definitely be reaching out to @Tim Swierczek.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.