Please bestow your wisdom on a newbie

3 Replies

Im interested in hearing about how each person started out investing in real estate, more specifically rental real estate. I want to know how you started out with your initial funds, was it a loan? Cash on hand saved from a job or other investments? What where your short comings and how did you better yourself? What did you want the end result to be?

@Joshua Appel I started out by study and reading books and analyzing different properties. I, unfortunately, had analysis paralysis for almost 2 yrs before I finally bought my first property with the cash I saved from my day job. Now I still have tonnes of stuff to learn after purchasing the property including building a team that I can depend on. One of the shortcomings I have experienced is that even though many talks about the BRRR strategy here, but it is difficult to execute if you don't have a good team line up since you are just starting out. Hopefully this helps

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here