Skip to content
Minneapolis Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Nathan McDonald
  • St. Michael, MN
Votes |
New member - Where to start on the path to progress?

Nathan McDonald
  • St. Michael, MN
Posted Sep 12 2019, 14:51

Hello everyone,

My name is Nathan McDonald and I am new to the world of REI and bigger pockets, and I am eager to join ASAP. However, I want to be methodical in my approach. To get a better grasp of how to start in the business, and to network, I have attended two local meet ups this month and plan to attend at least two more, including the "How to buy your first rental property". It is my goal to have an investment property (most likely owner occupied) by the end of the year. From what I have heard it is best to find out how much I qualify for before eyeing properties that could be out of my price range. I have been blessed with the finances to get in to nearly anything, but I figure as a recent college grad who still has student loans I still won't qualify for much, so my question is this: What steps should/could I take to getting my first property and is there anything you recommend to have set up or avoid before hand? Obviously it is impossible to have everything go my way, but its worth a shot. I would like to get the ball rolling and not lose any steam of enthusiasm.

Thanks!

Nathan McDonald

Loading replies...