Skip to content
Kansas City Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Dan Krupa
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
What happened to you BP? Where are the new investors?

Dan Krupa
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Nov 2 2017, 15:32

Local Kansas City, MO investors - what happened to BP? 18 months ago I had limited investing knowledge. While I had been investing for a decade I had only acquired four BRRR properties in that time frame. BP forums were awesome then! I spent hours each day reading them and asking questions. The forums were filled with other newbies asking questions about certain aspects of investing, seeking mentorship, and inquiring about the KCMO market. Numerous experienced investors responded - simply to pay back all the knowledge they have been given.

In the last year, we have been investing/flipping full time.  Additionally, I became a licensed MO agent and general contractor. The lessons we have learned and knowledge we have acquired is vast. (we: conduct our own marketing, develop our scopes of work, have our own crew, manage the renovations, stage our own properties, and then market them)

With two young boys and starting a business, we have been busy, to say the least. Finally, I am getting caught up. My hope was to log onto BP and return some of the knowledge I had been given.

However, I mostly see in the forums now are people marketing their own properties or asking for referrals.(those of us that have great referrals don't mind sharing but we don't hand them out like candy on Halloween night. We want to ensure that the great subs we have are referred to great clients) 

Forum questions posed by new investors are far and few between now.

If you are a new investor I implore you to not be shy. Post in the forums. Ask a question. No one will ridicule you and you might be surprised by the answers you receive/the network you can create online. Additionally, you can save yourself thousands and thousands of dollars on costly mistakes simply by asking.

Best of luck to you all and I am looking forward to answering some tough questions.

Loading replies...