Just getting started in KC metro area

Just getting started in KC metro area

Rental Property Investor · Basehor, KS · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone I am 24 fully employed and working side gigs but interested and currently looking to acquire my first rental home. It be my first attempt to enter into the world of real estate so any help or connections would be awesome! Also does anyone know of any real estate meet ups happening in the near future, would love to buy someone coffee or a beer and pick your brain!

Thanks and best of luck to all,

Shane Adams

1Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 17 votes
7y

@Shane Adams,

I am so glad to here that you are interested in Real Estate going forward and Kansas City is such a great market to get involved in. I have been buying and selling houses in the Kansas City area for the last 8 years for other companies and just recently went out on my own. I know that the MAREI meet ups and other groups are a great way to meet people and get started. My biggest advice for you is to keep your ears open there are plenty of challenges out there and many ways to handle each you just need to think what is best for you. Please reach out if you have some questions and I will try to get back to you asap.

David Rudaitis

We Sell KC Property

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 331 posts · 148 votes
    7y

    @Shane Adams congratulations! I’m so glad that you posted. Happy to make some introductions for you. 

    FIBI of Kansas City is a great one.

    I can send you the link in a DM

    Bridge RE also has a large meetup

  • Real Estate Broker · Overland Park, KS · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 106 votes
    7y

    Hi Shane, would love to see you at the next KC BP meetup. The details are under the events section here on Bigger Pockets. I'll send you a message with the next meeting details. :-)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Shane Adams,

    I am so glad to here that you are interested in Real Estate going forward and Kansas City is such a great market to get involved in. I have been buying and selling houses in the Kansas City area for the last 8 years for other companies and just recently went out on my own. I know that the MAREI meet ups and other groups are a great way to meet people and get started. My biggest advice for you is to keep your ears open there are plenty of challenges out there and many ways to handle each you just need to think what is best for you. Please reach out if you have some questions and I will try to get back to you asap.

    David Rudaitis

    We Sell KC Property

  • Insurance Broker · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2017 · 370 posts · 127 votes
    7y

    @Shane Adams I would second what @Logan Freeman suggest, FIBI of Kansas City.  It's a great one.

    Also, Bridge RE is a good one, but it costs (not super expensive).

    I know there are a few BP meet ups as well.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    7y

    Shane,  Mid-America Association of Real Estate Investors meets on the 2nd Tuesday, next meeting is August 13th its on the calendar here.  We will be talking wholesaling - and the main components of wholesaling are - finding the deal, analyzing the deal and negotiating the deal, what you do with it after that wholesale it, rehab it or rent it is up to you.

    There are also numerous events small and large, you could hit a couple every week.

    Those events hosted by a local Landlord Association or member of MAREI in the pic below

  • Rental Property Investor · Basehor, KS · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thank you all for the responses and the fairly comprehensive list! I am looking forward to getting to brush elbows with all of you at one of these events in the near future! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.