Florissant, MO Flips/Rentals

4 Replies

Hello,

New investor looking to acquire my first property in the St. Louis, MO area. In my research, it appears that Florissant, MO (63031, 63032, 63033) is an affordable area that has had a fairly steady population over the last 20 years. I am looking for distressed single family homes with an ARV of around $75,000 to rent. Wondering if anyone is employing a similar strategy in this area and if so, what your experience has been. I'm open to any and all advice. Thanks

I don't know anything about the area, but as a fellow newbie, I wanted to try to help.  I only do buy and hold, but if you're interested in flipping, I recently saw comments on 2 books that looked really good.  J Scott's "The Book on Flipping Houses" and "The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs."  Also, though it's heavy in math, so I'll never read it, Frank Gallinelli's "What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know..." (long title I can't recall all of, but you can find it on Amazon).  I'd also recommend finding an agent in that area since it seems you don't know the area well.  

Good luck!

This post has been removed.

Hi @Steve T. I'm an agent and I also invest in single family in this area as well. I'll shoot you a PM

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here