Looking to house hack via FHA loan in Reno, Nevada

6 Replies

Hello Biggerpockets! First time poster and excited to join the community. My wife and I are looking to purchase a multifamily property in the Reno/Sparks area via house hack using the FHA loan. We prefer a fourplex but if the numbers work out for a duplex or triplex we would not say no. Our goal is to gain financial independence through multifamily rental real estate and eventually retire early in 10 to 15 years! However, we have no connections in the Reno area, booooo!

I want to ask those of you that are more involved in the Reno/Sparks community already for suggestions for a real estate agent.  More particularly, a real estate agent that is more investor oriented and that we can build a relationship with for deals further on down our path. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alexander

Only one that I would recommend is Colleen McKoy from Brick and Mortar Properties.  Not only is she a broker but she is also an investor.   you can contact her through Bigger Pockets or Goggle her 

I suggest networking. I’m an investor friendly Realtor who has an Investor’s Group who meets once a month the third Wednesday of every month at my office’s large presentation room. At 6pm this Wednesday.
You and I can get together by appointment and talk further on your plan to see how I can help.

@Dustin Cady Thank you for your recommendation! He seems to have a lot of experience in the area.

@Virginia Marphis I agree that I need to network and am interested in joining your meetings and potentially talking! 

@Alexander McCairel great strategy. My first investment was a househacked 4-plex using FHA financing. It's a great first move!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here