Brett Shank
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
Moving to Albuquerque, Looking For SFR and Networking Opps

Brett Shank
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted Dec 21 2016, 18:29

Hi All,

I have been listening to the podcasts for quite a while, but I have not been very active in the forums. My wife and I will be moving to Albuquerque as soon as we sell our primary residence in Long Beach, CA. My timeframe is late Spring to early Summer 2017. My wife and I have a horse, and ultimately would like to have a horse property (we really like Corrales) where we can raise our children (no kids yet!).

In the meantime, and if I could find the right property, this may be a good opportunity to purchase a "rental property" (3/2 or 4/2 SFR) as our primary residence, live in it while we fix it up and learn the Albuquerque area, and then buy our horse property and rent out the first house. My wife's brother and his wife live in NE Heights area, so if the rental market is decent in that area, living near them would be a bonus!

I really just wanted to start the conversation and see if any experienced local investors would recommend this approach. Also, if there is anybody here who is also addicted to coffee, I'd love to grab a cup with you on my next trip to ABQ! :) I've seen from other posts that there are a few different meetups in the area, which I look forward to attending once I get out there.

Cheers,

Brett

Loading replies...