• Nassau County, NY
Votes |
Newbie from Glen Head, NY looking to Long-Distance Invest

Rafael Diaz
Pro Member
  • Nassau County, NY
Posted Nov 27 2020, 07:52

Hello all,

My name is Jacob Diaz (sharing a pro account with my father, hence the name mismatch) and I'm currently living in Glen Head, NY. I recently graduated university and started as a software engineer. I'm looking to invest out of state, and through my research found Columbus as a great prospective market, to both cash flow and hopefully experience some appreciation.

To start, I want to target single-family homes with the BRRRR strategy. I'm hoping to get a good flow of deals going so that I can start putting my money to hard work and improve my real estate skills. I'm ready to put in the work now to enjoy the benefits in the long-term and the financial independence it can bring.

I'm a newbie when it comes to real estate, but I'm working hard to educate myself -- reading books, listening to podcasts, etc. I know that the pay-off will be immense. I'm always looking for learning opportunities so any advice or other learning resources, especially for someone looking to get started in Columbus, would be much appreciated. 

I'm posting here so I can start connecting with investors and professionals that are active in the area. It's cool to see how active this forum is, and I've already started to find some good contacts looking through the previous posts. 

Thanks!

Loading replies...