• Scotts Valley, CA
Votes |
Vacancy length seems a bit long in the Cleveland area

Gene Mattos
  • Investor
  • Scotts Valley, CA
Posted Oct 13 2016, 15:30

Hello fellow investors!
I currently own a duplex in the Garfield Heights area, and I'm working with a property management company. Unfortunately, the duplex has now been vacant for about 2 months. Coming from California, this is an insane amount of time to rent something out. Around here my units will have a deposit placed in a week at most.

I have a couple quick question for you all regarding getting quality tenants in this area.
First is, how long does it usually take you to rent out your units in this area with quality tenants? Is my time too much, or is it pretty standard for the area and season?

I may have made a mistake with my location. Looking at the map from a very popular post here, it is just above the yellow part of Garfield Heights in the red.
So should I just cut my losses and sell? This is maybe 2.5% of my portfolio, so it wouldn't be horrible to just take a loss on this and move on. I was looking to shift a lot of my California portfolio to Ohio, but given the results, it may be better for me to stay put.

- Gene

Loading replies...