Physically moving a house in Northeast Ohio

4 Replies | Cleveland, Ohio

Hey everybody, 

I'm looking at a potential value play that would involve moving a small house about 30 miles to a new lot.  The house is one story, very small. 

This is in the Cleveland / Akron / Northeast Ohio area and through Google searching I was only able to find two companies that are semi-local and move houses.  Neither has answered/returned phone calls or emails.  I'd hate to let a potential deal slip by simply because I can't find someone to do the work. 

Has anyone in Northeast Ohio ever physically moved a house to a different lot? If so, who did it for you?  Does anyone have the slightest idea what something like this would cost?

Originally posted by @Nick Ferguson :

Hey everybody, 

I'm looking at a potential value play that would involve moving a small house about 30 miles to a new lot.  The house is one story, very small. 

This is in the Cleveland / Akron / Northeast Ohio area and through Google searching I was only able to find two companies that are semi-local and move houses.  Neither has answered/returned phone calls or emails.  I'd hate to let a potential deal slip by simply because I can't find someone to do the work. 

Has anyone in Northeast Ohio ever physically moved a house to a different lot? If so, who did it for you?  Does anyone have the slightest idea what something like this would cost?

Sounds interesting. Hit us with some details man. Im curious to hear about the numbers here.

It is probably cost prohibitive over such a long distance. I have seen successful moves across the street, or around the corner... guess who pays for disconnecting and reconnecting overhead utility lines along the route.

Find a lot nearby

Bob

Originally posted by @Bob Collett :

It is probably cost prohibitive over such a long distance. I have seen successful moves across the street, or around the corner... guess who pays for disconnecting and reconnecting overhead utility lines along the route.

Find a lot nearby

Bob

Any idea who might do such a thing locally?  Im assuming it will be cost prohibitive as well but it's on a main street, then highways, and its such a small house I may get lucky. I at least want to explore further.