• New to Real Estate
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Father inlaw heloc and brrrr

Tyrell Rutledge
  • New to Real Estate
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Dec 12 2018, 08:09

Howdy everyone I am new here in okc and wanted to reach out to get everyone's opinion on my plan and hopefully some recommendations on some stuff.

My wife and I are interested in trying some creative financing strategies because we want to retain our cash reserves at this time. We are interested in finding buy and hold deals for ourselves.

My father in law recently moved from his free and clear property south of tinker to his retirement home in Tuttle. He is nearing retirement and was thinking he would sell his tinker home to finance upgrades to the Tuttle home.
I have proposed that he turn his 3/2 1800 square foot home into a rental that I could manage to gain experience. Furthermore I have told him about how he could use a Heloc on the property to become a short term money lender to fund my brrrr strategies and earn more money from the interest I could pay him for being my hard money. We all have a really good relationship and I'm wanting to make this a win win for everyone.
What does everyone think about this?

Do you think I should consult with a CPA before we start renting? I am looking for an investor minded CPA in okc for my long term plans. Also are the landlord forms here on BP a good deal or should I shop around with someone local. I have the forms that were included with The book on managing rental properties.
Thank you for your time everybody!

Ty.

Loading replies...