Alex F.
  • Klamath Falls, OR
Votes |
Buy and Hold in Portland

Alex F.
  • Klamath Falls, OR
Posted Jul 7 2019, 03:38

Hello,

I just found out I'm moving to Portland in the September/October time-frame and I'm hoping to get some advice.  I've always wanted to get into real estate but have been living (mostly) in Japan for the last 9 years and haven't had the opportunity to really dive in.  I own one unit through a turnkey in Detroit, this move is my first real opportunity to dive in but I'm finding that I'm shackled by the whole "I need a place to live too" thing.  I want to make a smart investment decision but I also don't want to sacrifice all the awesomeness that can come from my first time in the states in a decade.  A buy and hold strategy has always been my dream, but I guess I'm willing to shift exit strategies on this property if it makes sense to do so.  

So, TLDR: are there 'hidden gem' areas I should look at?  Are there areas to stay away from?  Are apartments any different than single family homes when it comes to viability?  And any other advice I can get I guess...this area is overwhelming a little bit haha.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Alex 

Loading replies...