Shawn Greene
  • Mount Laurel, NJ
Votes |
New to BiggerPockets and Investing in South Jersey/Philadelphia

Shawn Greene
  • Mount Laurel, NJ
Posted Mar 28 2017, 13:04

Good Afternoon BiggerPockets community!

I'm pretty new to BiggerPockets, although I have been viewing posts for a little bit now. While I'm new to the community with this being my first post, I am not entirely new to real estate investing. I had a property in South Jersey that would have profited over $40k! Because I was new and didn't know how to properly offer the options contract and close and find a buyer, I had someone I considered a 'mentor' to help facilitate the deal and we would CV. Well...that turned out to be a disaster! My 'mentor' wound up going behind my back and locking up the deal for herself and her other partner. Yea...trust lost :( That kind of deterred me from real estate investing for a few months, but I'm back and excited to network and connect with (genuine and honest) like minds ready to work together and make some money! 

My question is--who invests in the South Jersey/Philadelphia market? Is it a good place to start? I'm extremely excited to get started...THE RIGHT WAY..and definitely with the right group of people.

Hope all is well with everybody and hope to speak soon!

-Shawn 

Loading replies...