Votes
Gerald O'Brien
  • Pennsauken, NJ
Votes |
Quiet Title Lawsuit - Philadelphia PA - -

Gerald O'Brien
  • Pennsauken, NJ
Posted Oct 24 2017, 16:08

As will be obvious I am a real estate novice. I’m looking for suggestions on how to address a civil suit that has been filed against me. The suit is seeking to “Quiet Title”. The property involved, 1528 Leithgow St. Philadelphia, PA belongs to a Cecelia V O’Brien. I am involved because I was/am the executor of my Aunt Cecilia V O’Brien’s estate. In addition to this property I have a NJ Shore how which I rent out during the summer season.

As for the lawsuit. To the best of my and my siblings knowledge, our Aunt Ceil lived all of her life, from around age 2 until she enter an extended care facility at the age of 95 in 2005, in the house at 3156 Memphis St Philadelphia, PA, that I and my siblings grew up in.

At no point in any discussions, with I or my siblings, did my Aunt ever mention living in or owning a second house anywhere. (There is a second property at 1024 Leithgow St in the paper trail to the 1528 property.) My Aunt, until she passed away at 100, always has a completely clear mind. So we find it very difficult to think she just forgot a second house. Also, one thing our Aunt would never do is fail to pay any and all bills she was responsible for. I mention this because based on the suit, the 1528 Leithgow house went delinquent on tax and water payments around 1995. This is just not something our Aunt would do.

We just do not see how this house could be the property of our Cecilia V O’Brien’s.

Being a novice I would be interested in any opinions as to whether or not we should consider fighting this lawsuit.

I have researched the deed on 1528 Leithgow and 1024 Leithgow nothing obviously points to our Aunt Ceil.

Google 1528 North Leithgow St

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1528+N+Leithgow+...

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Loading replies...