Looking for CPA in Delaware County, PA

6 Replies

I am looking for a CPA in the Delaware County, PA area that has experience with real estate investors who own single family rentals.

@Jeremy Frederick

PA has state tax laws that are very unique.
PA does not recognize an Net Operating Loss at the individual level.
Furthermore - They do not recognize 1031 exchanges at the state level(you can still defer federal taxes).

Delaware County is very close to Philadelphia - You may want to reach out to a CPA in Philadelphia if you are unable to find a CPA in Delaware county.

In the meantime - let me know if you have any specific tax questions - I would be glad to provide my opinion.

Originally posted by @Jeremy Frederick :

I am looking for a CPA in the Delaware County, PA area that has experience with real estate investors who own single family rentals.

Chris LaSpada was recommended to me by @Dave Van Horn . Jordan Horrow out of West Chester by another investor on my team.

@John Knisely I found an article associated with Horrow & Associates: https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/cpa-charged-bank-fraud-providing-inflated-tax-returns-client-use-defraud-lenders

Jeremy I saw similar articles when I searched, however if you read the article, it mentions a Barry Harrow. I don't know if there is a connection, I haven't met with him yet. Please be careful what you post though without fact checking. Damaging someone's reputation on a forum like this (unintentionally I'm sure), is not a good thing to do.

@Jeremy Frederick If you haven’t found anyone yet call Jeff Chapman at Chapman Tax Services.  He’s the best and works with real estate investors!  chapmanstax.com Been using him for years. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here