Why Do You Invest in Philadelphia? (Testimonial Request!)

14 Replies

BiggerPockets! I'm working on building a landing page for the city of Philadelphia. Would anyone be willing to share why you choose to invest in the city? What makes your city so wonderful?

Originally posted by @Eli B. :

@Jared Forman can you elaborate on # 4?

No two entities in the city communicate well. This also is my bias opinion from experience, but the workers would rather chit chat and goof around than service the people of Philadelphia. 

That this remark as you wish and use it to your advantage not your disadvantage. 

I invest in Philly because there are still deals on the MLS that will cash flow, but there are some great opportunities for other creative investing strategies here as well.

You can be a part of revitalizing a truly historic city that holds a special place in US history.

I do not invest there, too far from me now, but worked there for 10 years.  Its a nice place to live and work.  Still remember the first time I had to do income taxes and the form was a post card, which was amazing to me, having moved there from CA!

- Cash Flow and Appreciation in one investment (allegheny west, strawberry mansion, brewerytown, cobbs creek)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here