• Investor
  • Montgomery County, PA
Votes |
Thoughts and Opinions on Norristown

Alex Uman
  • Investor
  • Montgomery County, PA
Posted Jul 28 2021, 05:16

I often see Norristown as providing a unique opportunity for Pennsylvania and out of state investors alike. Many investors point to the Riverfront Redevelopment plan as having the potential to one day turn the town into the next Phoenixville or even Manayunk. (https://norristown.org/424/Riv...) Appreciation seems somewhat inevitable in the long run though many often pass on the opportunity to invest here.

For many investors I work with local to Philly and Delaware County it is simply too much traffic up 76 to make the drive worth it to manage properties or to work on flips. For Montgomery County investors I've seen the city as a point of contention with some citing sub optimal results in past projects as well as problem tenants giving them pause on picking anything up here. Others are more optimistic and have changed their tune with more recent successes giving the town a chance in the last year or so.

Do you invest in Norristown? If so what do you see becoming of the town in the longer term. Would you flip here or do you still see it as more of a rental pocket. If not, what prevents you from doing deals there even if it's simply the snail paced commute up 76.

Loading replies...