I'm looking for a trusted roofing company in the Pittsburgh area, specifically one with experience working on slate roofs and old box gutters. Any recommendations?
Park City, UT · Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 126 votes
7y
@Ali Groat - Chris from West Hills Roofing, PM me if you want his cell. But also, you might want to check out Thumbtack, I got 3 bids the day I posted, and it was the Friday before Labor Day
Gibsonia, PA · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 31 votes
7y
@Ali Groat I have an old duplex that needed a new roof this year. It was slate with box gutters. I started trying to get estimates around May and it took about 6 weeks just to get estimates. I ended up only getting two. It was frustrating. I ended up going with Windows R Us. Their price was was about what I expected and they did the job on time. I have no concerns with the quality, but time will tell on that one. If you need a contact, PM and I can send you details.
Contractor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 10 votes
7y
@Ali Groat for what it's worth, I have a client that needed a few small patches in Bellevue. He called 5 different places and they all said they were booked until next year. Then I called a friend (who works in equipment rentals)seeing if he knew anyone, turns out there was some kind of weather event a little north of PGH that caused damage to about 24,000 roofs. This was about 2 weeks ago that I called him.
Thumbtack is a good suggestion, i actually used them when i first moved to Pittsburgh to build my network and to get clients. Just cross reference the company name on Google and BBB... It's been pretty common for people to "hire" themselves and leave themselves good reviews on thumbtack.
@Chris Policicchio sounds exactly like our situation - slate roof with box gutters on an old triplex, and we've been struggling to get quotes. I will definitely look into Windows R Us. Thank you!
@John Theriault I'm getting that answer from a lot of companies too that they're booked out for the rest of the year (even for quotes), but I didn't know about the weather event. That could explain it. I'll keep trying... Thanks for the info & the tip about Thumbtack!