I am a college student but I also run a successful eCommerce brand. I have always wanted to invest in real estate and didn't realize I could do it so soon, but here I am trying to start! I am a SoCal resident and want to invest out of state. I really like Charleston so far but I am not fully bought in until I connect with knowledgeable realtors/investors in the area and learn a bit more. I would love to hear about some of your personal experiences and learn any way I can. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week and I hope to hear from you all!
I'm a Charleston resident and I 100% agree with the comment above. Are you looking to buy and flip? Or for an investment property for STR? STRs are rare here and require a lot of due diligence. I would recommend making as many connections as you can in the Charleston area if you plan to move forward, as the market is incredibly complicated at the moment.
Let me know what you're thinking and I would love to connect either way!
Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
@Brandon Won I would definitely concentrate on learning the business locally and then reach out of state to look for deals. When looking out of state concentrate on states that you may have some close friends, relatives, or business partners that can assist you with the local needs.
Real difficult time to start in Charleston. Strict short term restrictions if thats what you are interested in and very low inventory of homes for sale. Great Market typically its just a bit tight right now. Good luck finding something, wish you the best.
I'm a Charleston resident and I 100% agree with the comment above. Are you looking to buy and flip? Or for an investment property for STR? STRs are rare here and require a lot of due diligence. I would recommend making as many connections as you can in the Charleston area if you plan to move forward, as the market is incredibly complicated at the moment.
Let me know what you're thinking and I would love to connect either way!
I'm a Charleston resident and I 100% agree with the comment above. Are you looking to buy and flip? Or for an investment property for STR? STRs are rare here and require a lot of due diligence. I would recommend making as many connections as you can in the Charleston area if you plan to move forward, as the market is incredibly complicated at the moment.
Let me know what you're thinking and I would love to connect either way!
Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2017 · 260 posts · 174 votes
5y
@Brandon Won I started my REI journey in Goose Creek when I was stationed there with my first 2 being house hacks. I've since transferred, and currently live in VA. I picked up 2 new rentals there in December and January while living out of state. They are LTR. I got them through a wholesaler. If you haven't read @David Greene's book Long Distance Real Estate Investing, I would recommend that as a starting place.
Rental Property Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 2 votes
5y
@Kristopher Kyzar Hey, Im currently stationed in Goose Creek on shore duty. Glad to see you've had some success in this area. I have a LTR back at my sea tour location in GA, but Im very interested in investing in Goose Creek,Summerville, Ladson area. Preferably a house hack. Have you had good experience with the wholesaler you've used?
Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2017 · 260 posts · 174 votes
5y
@Caleb Stewart there are a few good ones there. @Russ Scheider is really good. There’s also Rock Rei Real Estate, TurnPro Properties, and Barrington Acquisitions.