Anyone done this or know much about the process?
Call the city, or county if not in a city, Ask to speak to a zoning bored representative. They should have a packet of information on the process.
The typical process looks like this, though may very
- Draw up plans for how the lot/parcel would be used and complies with the target zoning type's regulations.
- Apply for approval of plans
- The zoning board will mail notice all the property owners in the area. You may have to run an add in the news paper. Here it is 3 weeks of adds.
- Lastly there is a public hearing where you will argue the benefit to the public for the zone change. Anyone can show up to oppose your proposal.
- The zoning board will rule on your proposal.
According to the guy at the planer's the special use permit is much easier than the rezoning. Any experience with that?
I'm curious too.
@Russell Holmes Thank you. That jives with my interpretation. Will keep folks posted if I learn something concrete here.
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing