Better areas to invest in the Greater Memphis, TN area

50 Replies

Originally posted by @Jonathan McGee :

Hey @Monty Powers I think it’s a smart move to take advantage of the Memphis market while you still can!

With your price range, depending on if you plan to buy turnkey or not, you’d be able to pick up some decent cash flow in B areas like 38135, 38141, 38117 and 38125. You could possibly get in some pockets of A areas like 38016. 

You can fetch similar returns in C+ areas like 38116, 38115 (certain areas) 38122, and pockets of 38128. 

If you want get 2 or 3 properties within your budget, you can scout some C to C- areas like 38118 (north of Winchester) 38128, 38109 (east of HWY 61), 38107 (south of Jackson), maybe some parts of 38127. 

Your A class areas are going to be 38138, 38002, 38017, 38018, 38125ish. 

It definitely helps that you are only a few hours away so you could definitely utilize BRRRR!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

I know this post is almost a year old, but I just wanted to say thanks for the zip code info, this helped me find the kind of properties I was looking for in the right kind of neighborhoods. I am going to be in the market as an OOS investor and was curious if you have any referrals for RE agents or PM companies? Or anyone really that can help me with having some boots on the ground. 

Thanks Jonathon! 

Hello, i know this is older but this was a great discussion. I'm OOS (GA) investor interested in Memphis & surrounding areas as well. @jonathanmcgee thanks for zip code info. @jamesmartin wondering if u are still willing to share the map. Also, looking for realtor & property management referrals. Thanks!

@R Belcher , welcome to BP! For a realtor, I would suggest Jeff Waters with Capstone Realty. I'll send you his contact info in a private message. 

This is a great area to invest in and there are still many gems out there. If I can do anything to help you, don't hesitate to reach out!

Hey guys. I'm looking as an OOS investor at 38111 - in between the Liberty Bowl and University of Memphis. Any insight into the area (or other areas) would be welcomed. And, LOL ... @James Martin ... if your map is still relevant a year later I'd love a copy too. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Jim Nelson :

Hey guys. I'm looking as an OOS investor at 38111 - in between the Liberty Bowl and University of Memphis. Any insight into the area (or other areas) would be welcomed. And, LOL ... @James Martin ... if your map is still relevant a year later I'd love a copy too. Thanks!

You can message me where to email the map  

I’m looking into investing in the greater Memphis area, including Covington and Jackson as an OOS investor. 
I'm interested in SFH and MFH but only up to quadruplexes for now, budget is up to $200k range. Is Memphis still a reasonable market? Any/all input is greatly appreciated.
Any information on agents and property managers is also appreciated. 
@James Martin- would you be willing to share the very sought after map?
TIA

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here