Brandon Cobb
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Nashville Short Term Rental/AIRBNB and the codes department

Brandon Cobb
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Oct 29 2017, 08:55

Hey Nashville,

With all of the fuss around the legislation and moratorium on type 2 STR permits has anyone "heard" of anyone getting busted for not have a STR permit? If so, what were the consequences of this bust?

Our focus is to build an STR portfolio In Nashville like we have in Colorado Springs but the laws are harder to overcome In Nashville.

Looks like there are over 5000+ STR is Nashville and many of these do not have a permit to operate. The city says each permit should be listed with the photos of the property and I am seeing a TON of properties without a permit.

I am curious how the city might go about regulating this since you cannot nail down the exact address of the properties by simply surfing the website. You'd also need an entire team of people to track down compliance with every property, Something the city doesn't have. (or maybe the STR committee they created is doing this?)

After speaking the with codes and STR departments it is clear neither has any idea how they are regulating it or the degree of seriousness they are pursuing STR bandits.

I am not one to take risks with the city but is this something they are seriously cracking down on? If so, how are they doing this?

Cheers,

Brandon

Loading replies...