Skip to content
Nashville Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Neil Tidwell
Votes |
Anyone know about AR2a zoning and tiny home short term rentals?

Neil Tidwell
Posted Jul 20 2021, 21:49

I have been looking at the Nashville market to buy 5+ acres, owner occupy the main dwelling and build tiny homes or other accessory dwellings on the property for short term rentals.

From what I gather, AR2a zoning (which nearly all these sorts of properties are) disallow accessory dwellings, but somehow allow mobile homes, accessory apartments, and two-family dwellings. I know getting permitted as an owner occupied short term rental is possible in the zone, but not sure if any sort of detatched structure would be allowable. 

Is detatched short term rentals just not feasible within Nashville zoning?

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Stiefel
  • Investor
  • Kingston Springs, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kingston Springs, TN
Replied Dec 16 2023, 04:46

Hey Neil! I'm curious what you found out in your search for info on this? My wife and I live just outside of Nashville. I've been researching buying a 4-8 acre property, and subdivide into smaller lots with duplexes. We have a couple smaller STR condos here, but haven't done anything bigger like this. So I'm getting familiar with the zoning and not sure if AR2A "two family" means a duplex or if that means something else…? Anyway, just wondering how your journey is going and what you've learned?