New Investor in Houston, TX

6 Replies

Hi,

I'm new to the Houston area and looking to network within the area.  My ultimate strategy is the buy and hold then trade up philosophy.  I house hacked my first townhome in San Antonio and it is cashflow positive plus $150 a month after everything.  Not bad for a newb.  However now that I'm here in Houston I need capital to get more properties.  Sounds like a wholesaler in the making.  I've sent out my DM marketing campaign to find motivated sellers and have a few nibbles but no deals under contract (I'm close! I can feel it)  How did you local investors go about building your cash buyer list for wholesaling and other creative financing deals?

ghost leads and networking with get you plenty of cash buyers. Would you mind helping me with my DM marketing to absentee owners? 

Welcome to BP. Network, network, network to build your buyer list. Attend local investment clubs too. Join a service organization that has movers and shakers (Rotary, Kiwanis etc). Get involved in local politics. You'll meet plenty of buyers. 

NEVER break your word. NEVER try to 'screw' these buyers; always show them a fair deal. You make some money, they make some money. Never you make all the money, and the buyer is screwed.

Originally posted by @Emmanuel Onyemem :

ghost leads and networking with get you plenty of cash buyers. Would you mind helping me with my DM marketing to absentee owners? 

I found a few youtube videos giving you the listsource criteria to find absentee owners.  Buying the list is roughly $100 for about 500 names give or take.  Or I believe you can get the information from your local tax assessor.  Once you have a list find a youtube tutorial on a place like click2mail to send out your postcards/letters

Originally posted by @James Miller :

Welcome to BP. Network, network, network to build your buyer list. Attend local investment clubs too. Join a service organization that has movers and shakers (Rotary, Kiwanis etc). Get involved in local politics. You'll meet plenty of buyers. 

NEVER break your word. NEVER try to 'screw' these buyers; always show them a fair deal. You make some money, they make some money. Never you make all the money, and the buyer is screwed.

Thanks for the advice.  I've signed up for a few meetups and plan to attend some investment club meetings over the next few weekends.  

@Aaron Lathan

Welcome to Bigger Pockets community. Be sure to check out “Learn” for all kinds of useful resources and free how to guides.

@Aaron Lathan,

Welcome to Houston! You can add me to your buyer's list! We buy about 7-10 per month. If anything, feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need any help with anything.

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide