Travis White
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Newbie Investors in Houston

Travis White
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jan 3 2018, 18:10

Howdy fellow Houstonites!

Newbie investors here looking to gain some knowledge and hammer down a first deal by summer. A little about us....my wife Randi has some experience working in transaction coordinating services and title work, so if anyone has questions about any of that we can try and help. I've spent the last 2 or so months analyzing SF leads (mostly wholesalers) for a rehab project. Unfortunately, our house flooded during Harvey (second time in 2 years), so if anyone has any questions about that process re:insurance, build back, selling as-is to investors or anything else, I can try and help out there too. 

We currently listen to a couple podcasts, spend time here on BP (trying to become more active) and attend some local networking events. We're also members of the base level of Lifestyles Unlimited and trying to decide whether or not we want to escalate our involvement with that program. While it's all very exciting, we're also very eager to make use of some of the connections we're making and get this first deal done! 

I've talked to a number of hard money lenders in the area but I'm still looking for contacts in construction (I know they're slammed right now!), wholesalers or other sources of leads, real estate agents, and well, pretty much anyone else to be honest. Just trying to meet and greet as much as possible.

I look forward to hanging around this forum and trying to be as helpful as possible...I'm sure I'll be following quite a few of the threads on here. As I mentioned, if I can help in any way, don't hesitate to drop me a line!

Happy New Year! 

Loading replies...