Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Houston Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jacey C.
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Looking to learn! Will offer anything I can in exchange!

Jacey C.
  • Houston, TX
Posted

I am a new and hungry investor looking to soak up as much knowledge as I can from the greatest there are in the area! Would love to maybe tag along on your reno on a flip or buy & hold, or just sit and grab some lunch and talk about financing! I’m in the SE side of the Houston area but can travel whenever I don’t work at my W-2 job. 

I’ve come to realize that I can read all I want, but getting out there and talking to others who have already done it are going to be most benefitial. 

So, I am offering ANYTHING I can in exchange for knowledge, wisdom, and some insight. I’m not a contrustion buff, but Im slightly handy and in need of learning how to preform sweat equity! I can run numbers for some deals for you, or maybe go searching for some leads for you. Or if you want me to just buy you lunch, I’d love to do that lol!

I really want to be prepared, learn all the terms, and truly understand all the routes I can take as an investor. I don't understand mortgages, PMI/PITI or how ARMs work or even loans! I know vocabulary but actually understanding how these things work, and how I can make deals work, is where I am asking for help. I also need to fully understand the process of buying a property/selling.

Thank you guys and I’m terribly sorry for the long post!

Edit: I’ve realized a lot of people/companies promise help but then somehow want money in exchange for knowledge. I’m not a wealthy person, and I don’t have a nice job, so going a route where I can exchange my own time, knowledge and efforts is the only way I can afford to go at this moment in my life. 

Loading replies...