Votes
Mark Gilford
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
Newbie Investor in Houston Looking For Any Advice I Can Get

Mark Gilford
  • Katy, TX
Posted Aug 16 2019, 12:54

Hello all.  I am a transplant from New Orleans and have been living in Katy for about 3 years.  I have always had a passion for real estate and am at a point where I want to jump in and start building my portfolio.  I have helped a friend flip a few houses in New Orleans after Katrina so I have a little experience with that but nothing with the buy and hold strategy.  There is so much I am unsure of but I started listening to the BP podcasts, reading the books, and exploring the forums and am slowly starting to build up my knowledge but have a long way to go.  A main theme I have been hearing is to just take the plunge and buy the first property.  It seems the Houston market is a tough one to start in but am willing to give it a try.  My thought process is to focus on Duplex properties around 120K by hospitals or universities that need some rehab.  BP has definitely given me some ideas for prospecting and knowing it will take a great deal of hustle I am ready to execute.  I just wanted to introduce myself and would definitely appreciate any advice or knowledge anyone would like to pass along.  Hopefully I can have a chance to meet some of you as I am always game for grabbing a cup of coffee (or whisky) my treat.  

Loading replies...