• Houston, TX
Votes |
New Investor in the Houston/The Woodlands area - TEXAS

Izaak Ruiz
  • New to Real Estate
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 18 2020, 17:05

Hi everybody,

Hope everyone is staying safe and doing well! I am 25 years old and will be moving to the Houston/The Woodlands area within the next 1.5 months. You may be wondering why The Woodlands, well it's because my job will be located there. I have been researching a lot about real estate investing, specifically house hacking, the past couple of months as I plan to buy my first multi-family within the next year. However, I am indecisive about where to currently live which I hope ya'll can provide some insight with:

FIRST OPTION: Live in The Woodlands (sign a short term apartment lease) and be much closer to work. I can spend more time in the evenings looking at properties online, running numbers, and just doing my homework before I make my first purchase.

SECOND OPTION: Live in the Houston area (short term apt lease), like the Heights or Midtown area to get familiar with the Houston area. Con: The drive will be about 1 hr each way. 

I think this will depend on the area I would like to invest in and many other moving parts but this is why I made this post to connect and network with investors/realtors in the area so I can get a better grip of the market. I would appreciate any general advice (even if it is not related to my "where I should live" situation) and I will be sure to reach out. 

Cheers,

Izaak

Loading replies...