Looking for a property management company in San Antonio!

9 Replies

I am new to investing in San Antonio and just made an offer on a 4-plex. I am working full-time and expect to have a property management company handle the property, but want to set expectations for them based on what I've learned through my studies. Does anyone here have any solid property management companies you work with or recommendations on how to vet them when interviewing them? 

407-687-9192

Michael great to hear you have identified a potential asset for investing in! In any relationship, business or personal setting expectations up front can make the difference between success and failure. I believe three top questions an investor can ask a PM company are; 1)  Is where my property located, an area you actively manage in, if yes how many ?  2) What their tenant retention % is for like properties. 3) Rates, whats it going to cost. I hope this is of some help, and good luck. 

Originally posted by @Jaime Sepulveda :

Michael great to hear you have identified a potential asset for investing in! In any relationship, business or personal setting expectations up front can make the difference between success and failure. I believe three top questions an investor can ask a PM company are; 1)  Is where my property located, an area you actively manage in, if yes how many ?  2) What their tenant retention % is for like properties. 3) Rates, whats it going to cost. I hope this is of some help, and good luck. 

Jaime,

Great to see you back on BP. How is that 40 unit project going for you?

Sterling Williams, Real Estate Agent in TX (#682359)

Hey Michael,

Jamie is an excellent resource for property management in San Antonio. He is very knowledgeable about rental comps in the area and offers amazing service to his clients.  I recommend him to my SA clients! 

Thanks,

Brooke

Sterling, great to be here! That project is going great. We are calculating the rebrand will be complete in 8-10 months and expect it to be the new standard in that area triggering more behind it, and go a long way to improving another sector in the community. Let me know when you're free for a tour. 

Jamie, thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I'll be asking those questions in the interview process among others. Do you recommend any absolute hard and fast rules to hold the company to or essentially interview them and then if chosen, let them do their thing? Trying not to micro-manage, but also understanding these will ultimately be my responsibility if something goes wrong.

Kim, also thank you for the NARPM info, that is quite a wealth of info and a list of hundreds of PMs. Thanks again!

407-687-9192

Michael, I believe it to be critical that an understanding of what communication, at what stage and in what form will be provided to the client during the agreement term. Keep in mind all PM firms will have their own procedures and all clients will have their own expectations. However, aligning that from the beginning will be key to you receiving the relevant information you require to know your portfolio is being managed correctly. 

Kim's recommendation of starting with NARPM PM members is definitely a wise way to go. 

Originally posted by @Jaime Sepulveda :

Sterling, great to be here! That project is going great. We are calculating the rebrand will be complete in 8-10 months and expect it to be the new standard in that area triggering more behind it, and go a long way to improving another sector in the community. Let me know when you're free for a tour. 

I'll be in the area on Friday, shoot me an invite and I'll be there. That pocket over there has sparked my interest. 

Sterling Williams, Real Estate Agent in TX (#682359)

I have several small multi-families and work with Profit Realty for property management.  Like their personalities and very easy to work with.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.