San Antonio property crime rate rank 3rd in the nation in 2017

7 Replies

While I was watching "Seattle is Dying" I notice San Antonio rank 3rd after San Francisco and Seattle. Quite surprised. I thought we are a safe city. 

You were watching "Seattle is Dying" the name itself sounds kinda like depressing sort of a show. I dont think that a show with a name like that is going to be very positive. I really dont think that Seattle is dying and I am sure there are plenty of people who will agree.

As far as the statistics, there are always so many questions. Was that just the actual city limits of the city, the whole MSA, who gathered the statistics? That will make a big difference.

I know that San Antonio is pretty safe in most parts of the city. 

Seattle is turning into a craphole.  Its true.

I just moved from Seattle to the suburbs.  Petty crime (vandalism, smash and grab, prowling) is at an amazing high, drug usage and homeless are everywhere.  Drive down i5 and you will see literally hundreds of homeless tents, like whole neighborhoods, even built up encampments with patios, gigantic piles of trash...  Its insane.  Watch a video about the Seattle City Council.  That group of idiots is destroying the city.  

Seattle property values might have skyrocketed in the last decade or two, but I don't ever see myself living in city again. But Seattle isn't dying.  Seattle is being Killed, by the Seattle City Council, and other idiots.  

Originally posted by @Jeremy Benezra :

Seattle is turning into a craphole.  Its true.

I just moved from Seattle to the suburbs.  Petty crime (vandalism, smash and grab, prowling) is at an amazing high, drug usage and homeless are everywhere.  Drive down i5 and you will see literally hundreds of homeless tents, like whole neighborhoods, even built up encampments with patios, gigantic piles of trash...  Its insane.  Watch a video about the Seattle City Council.  That group of idiots is destroying the city.  

Seattle property values might have skyrocketed in the last decade or two, but I don't ever see myself living in city again. But Seattle isn't dying.  Seattle is being Killed, by the Seattle City Council, and other idiots.  

you will see the exact same thing in Portlandia  Oakland / Emeryville  Honolulu    SF of course  .

there is a direct correlation to the political bent..   I was just in Charleston SC last month saw NO homeless camps and only one person with a sign and asking for donations.. just one..   In our area there is one on every corner of a free way off ramp.. :)

I need to share this with one of our sons who has been in San Antonio working for the last couple of years....been trying to give him another reason to come back to the Carolinas!

@Mike Chern

Property crime has very little to do with safety.  In fact, while areas are in transition and gentrifying property crime goes up.  With reference to safety I'd be looking closer at FBI's Unified Crime Report (UCR):  https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-6.  Given the MSA's population (1,520,712 ), San Antonio has relatively low rate of occurrences per 100,000 residents.   

@Justin Kane If you think the politicians are corrupt here, try living in a city that isn't on the rise.  It's much worse.

@Seth Teel im not saying there isnt worse out there that goes without saying, but san antonio "the biggest little town" aint what it used to be. lol did you hear about SABOR chewing out the city for all the permits now theyre cracking down on everyone that didnt get a permit for mowing their lawn lol its crazy, not to mention the unethical STR stuff

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here