Best appreciation & cash flow Area in Dallas

33 Replies

@Carl Dean I'm also interested in the syndicate network you might have. Please message me with more info on these opportunities. Thanks.

A little late to the party here but one thing I don't like about buying in Dallas is the politics. The elected officials don't seem to know what the hell they are doing. The Police force is deteriorating. Their pensions are blowing up. The county voted for Hillary Clinton for Pete's sake! Cats and Dogs living together! The place is going to hell in a hand basket and you can bet your bottom dollar that property taxes will go up to fund their mismanagement.

I recommend sticking to the counties north of Dallas such as Collin and Denton. Both of which are doing much better. Collin county (Plano and Frisco) are booming and attracting new business Headquarters; plus the Cowboys moved to Frisco. I hear good things about Denton too but am not sure of the details.

Originally posted by @Robert Steele :

A little late to the party here but one thing I don't like about buying in Dallas is the politics. The elected officials don't seem to know what the hell they are doing. The Police force is deteriorating. Their pensions are blowing up. The county voted for Hillary Clinton for Pete's sake! Cats and Dogs living together! The place is going to hell in a hand basket and you can bet your bottom dollar that property taxes will go up to fund their mismanagement.

I recommend sticking to the counties north of Dallas such as Collin and Denton. Both of which are doing much better. Collin county (Plano and Frisco) are booming and attracting new business Headquarters; plus the Cowboys moved to Frisco. I hear good things about Denton too but am not sure of the details.

Well, even in Texas the major cities are pretty solidly voting Democrat. the only exception maybe Ft Worth.

Denton is increasingly Democrat as well. That said, I think its a fine place to invest if you understand your metrics and what you're looking for.

Originally posted by @Ronald Rohde :
Originally posted by @Robert Steele:

Well, even in Texas the major cities are pretty solidly voting Democrat. the only exception maybe Ft Worth.

Denton is increasingly Democrat as well. That said, I think its a fine place to invest if you understand your metrics and what you're looking for.

I think the last city council election put in a few more reasonable folks from a anti corruption perspective.  Hopefully that will continue.

Most of the comments are year or two old.  What is everyones thoughts about the south dallas /fair park area rent and hold market?  Still a good investment?  I'm new in the area.  

@Vikash Tailor

I recommend, Denton, Carrolton, Crowley, Burleson area over South Dallas for investment.

Message me if you like to discuss and sync up.

Neighborhoods with biggest appreciation since 2000 from Neighborhood Scout

Neighborhoods Since 2000

1. Kings Hwy / N Montclair Ave
  2. W Davis St / N Zang Blvd
  3. U of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas / Harry Hines Blvd
  4. S Lamar St / Corinth St
  5. N Hampton Rd / Singleton Blvd
  6. Commerce St / Main St
  7. City Center
  8. Ross Ave / Crockett S
  9. Gannon Ln / S Westmoreland Rd
  10. Eastern Ave / Caruth Blvd

So one trick is how much you want to spend and what kind of property you want and what kind of neighborhood you want to be in.....#2 might have gone from $50,000 to $150,000 and have 1940s and 1950s houses.  Same with #5.

#3,#6,#7 might have mostly condo or commercial properties.

So sometimes tough to just say....what's the biggest rent growth areas or which areas have appreciated the most.  Also sometimes like in this example....it could be what has been built....so for example downtown, maybe average sales price used to be $150,000....one new building comes in with minumum price of $1000000/unit.  and that is what sells, then average sales price may jump up to $500,000 and it looks like 30% appreciation, which is not true.

Some people may look at Mesquite and see great rental growth, but they also have rental inspections.  So some investors avoid that.  They also have remodel standards which have higher and more expensive requirements than some other cities....so they might for example require a certain standard of windows.

https://candysdirt.com/2018/12/03/dallas-rent-growth-remains-steady-below-national-average/

I am looking at a turnkey property management company that has houses in the suburbs of Dallas (up north). Is it too good to be true?  I’m just wondering if I should chose a different market. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Originally posted by @Bruce Lynn :

Neighborhoods with biggest appreciation since 2000 from Neighborhood Scout

Neighborhoods Since 2000

1. Kings Hwy / N Montclair Ave
  2. W Davis St / N Zang Blvd
  3. U of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas / Harry Hines Blvd
  4. S Lamar St / Corinth St
  5. N Hampton Rd / Singleton Blvd
  6. Commerce St / Main St
  7. City Center
  8. Ross Ave / Crockett S
  9. Gannon Ln / S Westmoreland Rd
  10. Eastern Ave / Caruth Blvd

So one trick is how much you want to spend and what kind of property you want and what kind of neighborhood you want to be in.....#2 might have gone from $50,000 to $150,000 and have 1940s and 1950s houses.  Same with #5.

#3,#6,#7 might have mostly condo or commercial properties.

So sometimes tough to just say....what's the biggest rent growth areas or which areas have appreciated the most.  Also sometimes like in this example....it could be what has been built....so for example downtown, maybe average sales price used to be $150,000....one new building comes in with minumum price of $1000000/unit.  and that is what sells, then average sales price may jump up to $500,000 and it looks like 30% appreciation, which is not true.

Some people may look at Mesquite and see great rental growth, but they also have rental inspections.  So some investors avoid that.  They also have remodel standards which have higher and more expensive requirements than some other cities....so they might for example require a certain standard of windows.

https://candysdirt.com/2018/12/03/dallas-rent-grow...

There are some single family homes to the south of the Medical district, there are some investors trying to buy up anything in the area at about 300K.

#2, the Zang/Tyler is about 300-350K.  I am selling right now at $310.  (house is probably worth a little more but I have realtors kicking in to get the deal done.).  Bought it in 2014 for $235.  I'd buy anything that was any where close to reasonable for $150K in the Zang area..  Even down to south of Illinois you have trouble finding much south of $200K, $300K if its rehabbed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here