Pioneer Crossing Community East?

3 Replies

New to Austin area. Anyone know anything about Pioneer Crossing East? Good area? Up and Coming? Looking at buying a primary residence. Thanks in advance for anyones help. 

Assuming Google maps is showing me the right place, looks like a quiet neighborhood on the NE side of town. Should be safe, but I wouldn't call it up and coming. I assume there's not much in terms of shops, restaurants, etc... in the immediate area. I wouldn't live there, but that's just not my pace. I prefer to be in/around downtown.

@Austin Johnston I have a single family rental in that neighborhood and actually lived there for almost 5 years (house hacked). I got a great deal on a 6 month old house in the downturn so that is why I bought there but never planned to stay there as long as I did. It is a quiet neighborhood but does have some challenges with being a bit remote. Lots of development in the area right now. 

@Austin Johnston

As @Stephen Stokes said, there is lots of development in that area right now, both commercial and residential. Overall, I really like all those neighborhoods close to the Samsung campus on E. Parmer (Harris Branch, Edinburgh Gardens, Pioneer Crossing, etc.). I helped a house hacker client earlier this year get a good deal (purchase price below appraised value + $3,000 in seller paid closing costs) on a turn-key SFR in Edinburgh Gardens. It's still only ~10 mins. to I-35 & Parmer, ~20 mins to the Domain, and ~20 to downtown Austin outside of rush hour. The median sold price in Pioneer Crossing East over the last 90 days is $227k with 14 days on the market. Just for comparison, in Edinburgh Gardens, it's $205k median over the last 90 days with 26 days on market.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here