Skip to content
International Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Montero Long
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • new york, NY
Votes |
Thinking about investing in the Carribean? Dominican Republic is the new hot spot!!!

Montero Long
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • new york, NY
Posted May 15 2009, 22:44

I was looking to invest in property in the Caribbean and discovered the Dominican Republic. The real estate market in the Dominican Republic is really affordable and so is the cost of living in the Dominican Republic which makes the Dominican property market very attractive.
I looked at property in the eastern part of Dominican Republic which includes the towns of Punta Cana, Cap Cana, Bavaro, Juan Doilio , and La Romana. I wanted to be close to Santo Domingo so I though the east coast of the Dominican Republic would be a good idea. But I found that La Romana was too pricey especially in Casa de Campo. Punta Cana, Bavaro and Cap Cana have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world but are to far from any major city about 4 hours from Santo Domingo. I searched Dominican property guides and discovered the north coast of the Dominican Republic. I look at properties in Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabartete. I finally decide on a home in Puerto Plata.
Puerto Plata is a beautiful beach town and its only about 45 minutes from the second larges city in the country Santiago and 3 hours from Santo Domingo.

Before investing in Dominican real estate I searched the internet for information on buying property in the Dominican Republic. I found that there is a lot of fraud and corruption in the Dominican Republic, but that didn’t stop me because the stories I read about could happen anywhere. The pros of living in Dominican Republic by far out weigh the cons. Dominican Fraud can be avoided by searching consumer protection agencies and getting a trusted lawyer. I found a consumer protection agency called Dominican Watchdog. Dominican Watchdog is the best consumer protection about the Dominican Republic on the internet. Dominican Watchdog has a property guide with 10 simple rules on how to avoid fraud and corruption when buying property in the Dominican Republic which I found to be very helpful. Dominican Watchdog can also assist you in finding a trusted lawyer and real estate broker/realtor.

Buying property in the Dominican Republic has been one of best moves I’ve ever made. When investing in Dominican real estate or in real estate anywhere do your homework and you will be able to avoid becoming a victim of fraud and corruption.

Loading replies...