• Glen Cove, NY
Votes |
Warm Place Vacation Rentals!

Eric Telese
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Glen Cove, NY
Posted Nov 16 2018, 06:52

Hi all,

My long-term goal is to purchase a rental property in Mexico, Dominican Republic, or somewhere similar. I just got back from Playa Del Carmen on Sunday, to some snow and 30 degree NY weather. Too early for that! I love it here, but want to have a place of my own to rent out for income, and go visit whenever I want.

I have stayed at some resorts that have a condo/apartment section that you can purchase, and the resort takes care of marketing, booking, cleaning, etc. There is also a lot of new construction in parts of Riviera Maya on the east and Cabo on the west side. In La Romana, Dominican Republic, I have stayed at Casa de Campo which is a huge resort that offers private villas of all sizes in a neighborhood-like feel. They have golf-carts for each villa to get around the resort to the beach, pools, restaurants, golf course, etc. I visited their real estate office where they offered villas as well as land lots for you to build on and have the resort rent out to vacationers.

Does anyone have any experience with investing in these markets or anywhere similar?  

Loading replies...