Skip to content
Salt Lake City Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Miguel Diaz
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
SLC Real Estate Book Swap/Trade Club (?)

Miguel Diaz
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Mar 2 2018, 22:15

Hello BP Community,

Going out on a limb here...

As I read more books on RE (and through the BP podcast) I keep hearing about more and more great RE and business books that I'd like to read. But I don't always want to go and buy them all. I imagine some of you may have had a similar thing happen. Sometimes these books are available through public libraries, but not always. So this sparked the idea of a book trade club sort of thing.

The idea would be that we all get together somewhere, bring our RE books that we may not be currently reading, and may offer to trade/borrow/loan them in exchange for other books that others may have. This would be a way to have access to a larger library of books through the "club" network, but would mainly be a simple excuse to meet other investors and do some networking. Maybe have some snacks/drinks available too. I currently don't have much of a plan for this at all, just throwing it out there and seeing if it anyone would be interested in the idea.

Full disclosure: I'm new to this. I've read a lot, not done much (yet). Goal is to buy first property before July 31, 2018. More on my profile if you care to read that... 
I'm not trying to sell anything, market anything, or promote any kind of products. I just wanna meet people and have access to other books and offer my own. That being said, I only have a few books I actually own that I could offer so far:

Books I could let you borrow/trade:
- Building Wealth One House at a Time (John Schaub)
- Unshakable (Tony Robbins)
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent (Gary Keller)
- Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money (Robert Kiyosaki)

Books I'd like to read/borrow:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (Dale Carnegie)
- Think and Grow Rich (Napoleon Hill)
- Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor (Amanda Han/Matthew McFarland)

I have a few more business/mindset books, but most others are in Spanish.

So that's the idea. I would be happy to work to make this happen if people are interested. Let me know 

Loading replies...