New to SLC - Looking for Real Estate Agent Recommendations

New to SLC - Looking for Real Estate Agent Recommendations

Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hi All - My wife and I recently relocated from Philly to SLC. While there were many factors in moving to Salt Lake (professional, personal, lifestyle, etc.), one large reason was for the "underratedness" we see in the city and the opportunity for entering into REI. We have worked over the past 3 years to become debt free (student loans) and are now to excited and ready jump into the game.

Being new to the area, we do not have many leads on REA who work primarily with investors. I’ve read the books, listened to the podcasts, watched the webinars, but we are now in a financial position and a stage of life to (in the words of Nike) “Just do it.” Therefore, any recommendations on agents that investors in the area have worked with would be greatly appreciated.


My goal is to cast a wide net on identifying agents who investors have worked with and then slim the list down through interviews/research. So, any recommendations would be very welcome!

FYI: Areas I am investigating are between Sandy and downtown SLC and then east of 15.

0Reply
19 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 145 posts · 150 votes
    8y

    @Chase Harmon  I am in Salt Lake.  I work mainly with investors.  Few agents have the experience and ability to let "the numbers speak" on a deal and not make it emotional (which is what is required for an investment).  I have been an investor myself since 2006.  I have done about 30 flips and just closed my 150th deal in 6 years as an agent.  I'd be happy to help you with both SFRs and Multi's, flips and rentals.  Please message me privately.

  • Investor · Farmington, UT · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Charisse Walker!! 

  • Jon NeviaserBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    Hi Chase,  My wife and I also moved to SLC from Philly about 3 years ago.  I work in property management and know exactly what you mean....some agents simply do not understand the needs of investors.  It would be great to connect.  When would you have time to hop on a call?  Thanks, Jon

  • Dean HamiltonPro Member
    Kaysville, UT · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Chase Harmon, While I am new to the investing world... I have a friend and associate who is both an agent and investor.  He's a great guy and does a great job.  I've referred him to others and they always come back with good reviews.  His name is Jode Allen and I can put you in touch if you PM me here on the site.  Thanks!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Park City, UT · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Check out the Utah Cribs Team at Berkshire Hathaway. Horrible name, but people remember it.
  • Real Estate Agent · Salt Lake City , UT · Member since 2017 · 155 posts · 92 votes
    8y

    @Chase Harmon There are lots of agents. Listen to them and be realistic with what to expect. 

  • Investor · Draper, UT · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    1

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.