Question Retiree?

Question Retiree?

Anaheim, CA · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 51 votes

Now that your retire, what time do you wake up?

What time is acceptable or yet better appropriate. I don't think that you ever retire, you want to try and stay as busy as possible to retain your independence.

0Reply
30 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    What?????

    Anything to do with real estate?

    I get it, foreign investors calling.....

    If anyone wants to give me money, real money, they can call me anytime!

    Years ago, a very successful RE guy, named John Q. Hammons told me he got out and about early, like 3/4 in the morning. Why? Because if anyone saw him doing his "driving for dollars" (LOL, surveying the market) that people would anticipate his involvement in any property activity and the price would go up. A down side to being well known.

    In the day, I'd get up about 7 or a little after, leave the house about 8:30 and be at my desk at 9. I'd also be there many nights to 12 pm or later! While they say you can choose your hours in RE, not really true if you're dealing with the public.

    Now, I'm awake by 5 usually, this morning it was 4:23!

    While it's rather bass ackwards, when people need to work more to get started, younger people need more sleep, as you get older we require less sleep. My eyes are shut for about 6 hours, my dad only needs 5 hours, late to bed and early to rise.

    Guess it's to give old folks more time being awake on the green side, more time for the buck list stuff. :)

  • Anaheim, CA · Member since 2014 · 163 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    @Bill Gulley 

    Really well Said.

    I agree. the older I get the less sleep I get. However, I do enjoy a nap now in then.

    Cheers

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    11y

    Sorry it took me awhile to get your mention.......

    I was taking a nap. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.