Partner wanted to exchange ideas and challenge my plans

7 Replies

Dear all,

I am about to start investing in the US. After some generic coaching about strategies generating passive cash flow I decided RE as investment vehicle.

Being and foreign investor for the US RE market brings add challenges and hurdles. As I am 100% willing to get this model started I am looking for a kind of partner with whom I can share my thoughts and current ideas. I already did it to a certain extent here on BP, but there are many private aspects that I want to discuss more in  a one2one set-up.

So I am not looking for a mentor or coach and/or getting free advice for the rest of my life. It is more to have someone with experiences that I can share my thoughts and plans right now, getting some feedback and doing some follow ups from time to time.

If someone  is interested, I appreciate a short private message.

Best, Andreas

@Andreas F.

What are you looking at getting into? Rentals I assume?

@Andreas F. ,

I'm probably not as experienced of a guy as you're looking for but I'm always open to talking and bouncing ideas off one another. I'm going to be Teaching English as a Second Language here soon and am determined to have an international real estate portfolio. I would love to connect with you and see how we can both help each other.

Best,

Dominic

I have experience working with foreign buyer from China, Russia, and Israel.  I happen to live in Pittsburgh which is the #1 cash flow market in America, and we are in the top 5 for house flipping according to forbes magazine.  I am the president of the Pittsburgh real estate investors association, so I also have access to 850 other local investors if I cant find what you are looking for.

I hope that helps

Josh

I think it's great you have decided to take the plunge. I am based in the UK and started investing in December last year.

I have two units now rented out and should have several more by July / August.

It took me a while to find the right people to do the different components etc.  I feel happy finding properties and getting them checked over by my contractor and then home inspector to confirm everything.

We have a great property manager and I do feel a good system now in place to keep growing.

If you want any advise this is the best place. Feel free to ask. Good luck

Nick

I bought a SFD when I was in the US when the Euro was strong. I still keep it for renting. The US legislation together with the competition among property mangers, allow pretty remunerative/safe investment.

@Andreas F.

I got my start buying turnkey rentals while I was working in China. You're on the right track!

@Andreas F.

How's it going? Were you able to find someone to exchange ideas?

I bought a SFR in Jacksonville, Florida last year. I wrote about how I narrowed down my market from anywhere in the US to Jacksonville in this BiggerPockets blog post:

Investing from out of country

I've worked with a lot of investors like yourself - just wanting to get started. 

The last person I worked with went from little direct experience with real estate (he was doing funds) to making offers on a multifamily property in about two months. He was super dedicated, though, and we talked on a regular basis. Our conversations centered around real estate but also involved mindset and productivity tips.

I've gotten a little busier of late but if you message me, with specific questions, I'll do what I can to help. Regular meetings to really accelerate things - I might be able to do that later in the year. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here